EMDR Training Grant
Thanks to the generosity of the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, Campbell Psychological Services has been awarded an Endowment Act-Treatment Training grant to provide 13 child & adolescent therapists from Cumberland County all of the training and consultation needed to become EMDR-certified.
This incredible opportunity is intended to increase the availability of evidence-based trauma therapies for youth, in turn improving outcomes for survivors of sexual abuse in our community. This training will be uniquely directed toward clinicians who work with children and teens.
The grant will cover the cost of training and consultation for 5 therapists from Campbell Psychological Services, 1 therapist from the Children’s Resource Center, and 7 additional therapists from Cumberland County. Information about the training and how to apply for a grant-funded training spot is included below. (The training is also open to paying participants, including therapists from outside of Cumberland County – visit EMDR Consulting to register.)
Training & Consultation Schedule
- EMDR Training with EMDR Consulting – April 2-4 (Part 1) & June 11-13 – Carlisle, PA
- Must attend all six days. Both sets of training dates are Thursday through Saturday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
- The training includes 10 hours of consultation, which participants will schedule through EMDR Consulting. Consultation may take place by conference call, video call, etc.
- Grant participants must complete their 10 hours of consultation by September 30.
- Therapists who do not wish to pursue a grant-funded spot, work outside of Cumberland county, or who apply for a spot but are not selected may still register (at your own expense) by going to www.emdrconsulting.com
- View training flyer for details
- 20 additional hours of EMDR consultation, which is required to be eligible for certification. Grant-funded therapists will begin this consultation in Fall 2020, once the requirements from the Basic Training are completed.
- Advanced EMDR Training – Late Fall 2020 – Carlisle, PA
- This training will focus on an EMDR-related topic of interest to the grant participants. The topic will relate to providing EMDR to children/adolescents and will provide the 12 EMDRIA-approved continuing education credits required for certification.
- Grant participants are expected to pay their own certification fee ($350) once all certification requirements have been met. Please visit EMDR International Association to learn more about the requirements for certification.
How to Apply for a Grant-funded Training Spot
There are seven grant-funded training slots available. If you have ever looked into EMDR training and certification, you already know that it is a considerable investment of not just money, but also time. The grant funding will cover the cost of all of the training and consultation you need for EMDR certification; you will need to give of your time and energy to fully participate in the training and other activities as required by the grant. Our goal is to build a cadre of EMDR-certified clinicians who are committed to serving trauma survivors in Cumberland County for many years to come.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a Masters-level therapist. If you are not yet licensed, you must be supervised by a fully licensed clinician and be actively pursuing licensure. A letter from your supervisor is required.
- Currently provide outpatient therapy in Cumberland County.
- Work with children and teens.
- Have experience and a commitment to working with trauma.
- Commit to completing all aspects of the training (see application for details).
- Commit to paying the cost of certification ($350) once eligible. (Certification costs are not built into the grant due to the time it takes to reach certification; we anticipate most participating therapists will not be eligible for certification until 2021.)
Priority will be given to therapists who serve Medical Assistance clients and/or work in under-served parts of the county, as well as those who have an existing track-record of working with traumatized youth.
Applications for the grant-funded training spots must be completed no later than 5:00 PM on February 14, 2020. To apply, please do the following:
- Complete the on-line application, which requests information about your current employment and caseload. A PDF copy of the Therapist Application provides an overview of the information that will be requested when you complete the on-line version.
- If you are not yet licensed, you will need to submit a letter from your current clinical supervisor. This is requirement of EMDR Consulting, which will do the training. The letter should be emailed to DrLiz@CampbellPsychPA.com by the application deadline. This letter must meet the following requirements.
- Confirm that you are 1) under the supervision of a fully licensed mental health clinician and 2) actively pursuing a full license through a state board.
- Be written and signed, on the supervisor’s office letterhead.
- Include the supervisor’s licensed information and number.
- Be saved as a PDF
- If you are employed at an agency, your work supervisor will need to complete the Supervisor Support Agreement. Once completed and signed, it will need to be saved as PDF and emailed to DrLiz@CampbellPsychPA.com.
- When emailing documents, please include “EMDR Application” in the subject line. You are encouraged to send your email “read receipt” so that we can easily confirm it was received.
Questions should be directed to Dr. Liz Campbell at the email listed below.
Campbell Psychological Services
25 East North Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
Fax: (717) 620-0536