Shannon Snyder, LPC
Therapy is taking our experiences and learning a new way to make our life more successful. It is my goal to assist you in meeting the goals that you have for you, your child, and your family as you work toward the “you” that you envision. We will work together from a strengths-based perspective to help you not just cope, but thrive in your experiences.
Finding the right words can make it difficult to fully express our wants, needs, and goals, so I use evidenced-based creative therapies incorporating art, music, mindfulness, and play. Working together, we will find new ways to interact and express ourselves. It is so important to me that you are able to express yourself in whatever method is most natural for you. Our time together will be spent encouraging independence and self-exploration to live, learn, and grow.
Over the past 20 years, I have added new strategies to my wheelhouse so that I can best meet the needs of individuals who have experienced traumatic events. What is traumatic for one person, may not be for another and I approach each situation based on your perspective. Our experiences do not define who we are. We get to choose the path we following to healing. I hope to be able to work with you to find ways to heal and thrive!
Accepted Insurance Plans: Capital Blue Cross, Geisinger Health Plan, Highmark Blue Shield, other BC/BS plans, TriCare (non-network provider, point-of-service fees apply), UPMC, CHIP, Medical Assistance, self-pay
- Healing from abuse and other traumas
- Behavior issues
- Elementary school age children
- Play-based Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Evidence-based trauma therapies including TF-CBT and EMDR
- Ecosystemic (considering the impact of family, school, peers, etc.)
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Master in Community Counseling from Shippensburg University, 2002
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Mental Health Counseling, Messiah College, 2015
- Trained in specialized trauma therapies including: Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy, EMDR, and Cognitive Processing Therapy
ON A PERSONAL NOTE
I was born and raised in central Pennsylvania, just over the mountain in Perry County. I often return to my rural roots and enjoy hiking, biking, and cooking with my husband and our five children. I am actively involved in my children’s sporting activities and can most often be found cheering from the stands. In my downtime, I can be found reading a book or trying out new recipes. It is with tremendous pride that I am a Helper in the community in which I live!