Stephen Russell, LCSW
Do you (or your teenager) feel like you are just surviving the day to day, but not living it? I support healing for individuals and families impacted by trauma, domestic violence, and mental health issues. Together, we’ll explore how your past experiences affect you today, and how your “life story” impacts your relationship with the world and other people. We’ll explore which long-standing behaviors, patterns, and coping are helpful and which have stopped being useful. Then you decide what to hold onto and what to let go.
My hope is that, through our work together, you will find your voice, regain a sense of control over your life, learn some new behaviors and skills, and have new experiences that lead you toward the change you want.
I offer a strengths-based, honest, and humanistic approach. Sometimes changes happens quickly and sometimes it is slow and uncomfortable. Whichever is the case for you, I will be here to encourage and support you, and I’ll provide a safe space for honest sharing and honest feedback where you are in control.
Accepted Insurances: Capital Blue Cross, Geisinger, Highmark, out-of-area BC/BS Plans, Quest, UPMC, CHIP, Medical Assistance, TRICARE (non-network provider, point-of-service fees apply), self-pay.
- Teens & adults (sees ages 8+)
- Trauma therapy
- Domestic violence
- Family therapy
- Depression, self-harm, and low self-esteem
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Evidence-based trauma therapies, including TF-CBT and EMDR
- Family therapy, including Alternatives for Families and ecosystemic family therapy
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Masters of Social Work from Shippensburg University
- Post-Masters certification in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and EMDR, Alternatives for Families, and Ecosystemic Family Therapy